Maritime Transportation Data Initiative
Chairman Daniel B. Maffei directed Commissioner Carl W. Bentzel to lead this data initiative. Commissioner Bentzel will hold meetings with maritime and intermodal stakeholders as outlined below. Meetings began in December 2021 and will culminate in June 2022 with a Data Summit.
Commissioner Bentzel will focus the data initiative on three key objectives:
- Cataloging the status quo in maritime data elements, metrics, transmission and access;
- Identifying key gaps in data definitions/classification; and
- Developing recommendations for common data standards and access policies/protocols.
Meetings can be viewed by the public through the links below. Public feedback and comment on data gaps and needs is encouraged.
Public input can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please reference whether it is a comment generally or is regarding a specific meeting listed below.
- If submitting attachments to an email, please only send them as Microsoft Word or text-searchable PDF documents.
- Only non-confidential and public versions of confidential comments should be submitted by email.
- To the extent allowed by law, comments received will be posted on this page.
Maritime Transportation Data Initiative (MTDI) Recommendations and Views Report
(Meetings are scheduled for every Tuesday 3pm to 4pm)
Federal Maritime Commissioner Carl W. Bentzel to Convene Kickoff Maritime Information Transparency Meeting – 11/24/2021
Carr & Ramezani, The Impact of New Digital Technologies on U.S. Containerized Agricultural Exports – Focusing on the Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach, Oakland – 4/18/2022
Coalition for Reimagined Mobility, Solving the Global Supply Chain Crisis with Data Sharing – June 2022