Requesting CADRS Assistance
The Federal Maritime Commission’s Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services (CADRS) is currently experiencing a high volume of requests for assistance from the shipping public. To obtain prompt assistance, please comply with the guidelines set forth below. Staff will prioritize requests that include all information requested in this advisory.
Submit requests for assistance from CADRS in writing via:
- E-mail: email@example.com; or
- Fax: 202- 275-0059
Your request should provide the following information:
- Name (If you are assisting someone else, also provide his/her name(s) and your relationship);
- Company Name(s), if applicable;
- Contact Information and/or Representative(s) (phone, fax, address including zip code, and e-mail, if available)
- Name of Person or Company with whom you are having the problem
- Contact Information for that Company or Party, including Individual’s Name(s)
Your request should also include:
- A full description of the matter (including a description of any attempts already made to resolve the problem);
- Your desired solution;
- All relevant documentation (e.g., contract, bill of lading, proof of payment, bookings, Order for Service, invoice for the services, e-mails about the issue, dock receipts, arrival notices, invoices, terminal appointments, terminal operating hours/stoppages, etc.);
- A description of the cargo;
- The ports of origin and destination (including terminal, railramp, etc.); and
- The date of shipment or sailing.
Please note that each new matter constitutes a separate request for assistance and must be submitted to the email or fax address listed above even if you are currently receiving assistance from a CADRS staff member.
For questions about this release, please contact CADRS at (202) 523-5807