Home > About > Bureaus and Offices > Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services

Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services

Do you have a problem with ocean shipping or a cruise? Consider resolving disputes in real-time using the Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services’ (CADRS) alternative dispute resolution services. With no fees for services, CADRS offers: ombuds assistance, mediation, facilitation, and arbitration to resolve challenges and disputes involving:

Parties Requesting CADRS Services

  • Shippers
  • NVOCCs and ocean freight forwarders
  • VOCCs
  • Cruise Operators and passengers
  • Truckers
  • Marine terminal operators (including port authorities)

Requesting Dispute Resolution Services

When requesting assistance, please complete the appropriate form, add any supporting documentation, and submit it to complaints@fmc.gov.

Request a Speaker

To request a CADRS staff member to speak at your next function please contact CADRS.


Zoraya De La Cruz, Director
Phone: 202-523-5807
General questions: Inquiries@fmc.gov

Assistance with cargo and cruise problems: complaints@fmc.gov