Moving Season Kickoff – Protect Your Goods When Moving Overseas
This moving season, the FMC encourages consumers to protect their possessions by taking the following steps when shipping their goods overseas via ocean:
- Ensure that your mover is FMC licensed and bonded.
- Read the FMC’s Moving Brochure to obtain general information about international moving.
- Additional information is available on the FMC’s household goods webpage.
- Make sure that your mover provides you with a quote that is based upon a visual inspection of your goods.
- Ensure that you read and understand all of the terms and conditions of your moving contract.
For general information regarding industry practices please call CADRS at 866-448-9586 or 202-523-5807 for assistance.
If you encounter problems with your shipment, please contact CADRS as soon as possible:
Submit a Dispute Resolution Service Request - Cargo (FMC-33) via:
For information and guidance on interstate moving within the United States, please visit www.protectyourmove.gov