Avoid problems when moving overseas. Ensure that your mover is FMC licensed and bonded. Federal law requires international movers to be licensed and bonded with the FMC to ensure that companies have sufficient knowledge and experience to handle your shipment and to make sure that companies have a bond in place to compensate consumers in the event that a problem occurs with transportation.
Perform a Google search to ensure that the company does not have a history of unresolved consumer complaints.
Additional Red Flags
- Mover’s website does not list a physical address
- Mover insists on providing quote via telephone or computer based “guestimate”
- Mover’s quote is significantly lower than other companies
- Mover refuses to take credit card or charges a credit card use fee
- Mover charges over 30% cancellation penalty