Commission Publishes Tentative Schedule & Witness List for P4-16 Hearings
December 20, 2017
The Federal Maritime Commission today published a notice identifying 26 individuals scheduled to testify as witnesses on one of six different panels, at next month’s hearing exploring issues related to detention, demurrage, and per diem charges raised in a petition filed by the Coalition for Fair Port Practices (Petition P4-16).
The names and associations of each of the invited witnesses, and the panel they will appear on, is published below. Panels and participants are subject to change.
The hearings are scheduled for Tuesday January 16, 2018 and Wednesday, January 17, 2018 in the Commission’s Main Hearing Room located on the ground floor of 800 North Capitol Street, Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia. Hearings are scheduled to commence at 10:00 a.m. on both days and interested members of the public are invited to attend in person.
The Commission recognizes that there may be parties or organizations that are interested in providing comments and statements relative to the issues being addressed at the hearing but who are unable to testify in person. The Commission will accept statements for the record. Written comment should be submitted to email@example.com as a PDF file by January 26, 2018. Copies of all written submissions will be posted to the Commission’s website, https://www.fmc.gov/p4-16/, and will be available in the Commission’s Office of the Secretary.
DAY 1: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Panel 1: Coalition Panel
- Karyn Booth, Esq., Partner, Thompson Hine, LLP
- Nick DiMichael, Esq., Senior Counsel, Thompson Hine, LLP
- Ms. Laura Crowe, Senior Director, Global Logistics, Walmart Stores
- Mr. Don Pisano, President, American Coffee Corporation
- Mr. Fred Johring, President, Golden State Express
- Mr. Robert Leef, Senior Vice President, East Region, ContainerPort Group, Inc., representing the Association of Bi-State Motor Carriers
Panel 2: Shipper Panel
- Peter Friedmann, Esq., Executive Director, AgTC Agriculture Transportation Coalition
- Steven Hughes, President/CEO of HCS International, representing the Auto Care Association
- Mr. Sam J. Sorbello, President, Atlantic Coast Freezers, representing the Meat Import Council of America
- Mr. Tim Avanzato, Lanca Sales, Inc.
- Mr. Frans A. de Jong, President, R1 International (Americas) Inc.
Panel 3: Intermediary Panel
- Mr. Richard J. Roche, Vice President of International Transportation, Mohawk Global Logistics, and NVOCC Sub-Committee Chairman at NCBFAA
- Mr. Charles Riley, Chairman, Board of Governors, New York New Jersey Foreign Freight Forwarders and Brokers Association, Inc. (NYNJFFFBA), and Vice President, Steer Company
- Ms. Jeanette Gioia, Vice President Exports, New York New Jersey Foreign Freight Forwarders and Brokers Association, Inc. (NYNJFFFBA), and President, Serra International, Inc.
- Cameron W. Roberts, Esq., representing Roberts & Kehagiaras LLP and the Foreign Trade Association
- Mr. Joseph T. Quinn, President, Sefco Export Management Company, Inc.
- Mr. Bryan Vickers, Pace LLP, representing the International Association of Movers
DAY 2: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Panel 1: Drayage Panel
- Mr. Thomas J. Adamski, representing the New Jersey Motor Truck Association
- Mr. Alex Cherin, Executive Director, Englander, Knabe & Allen, representing the California Trucking Association Intermodal Conference
- Mr. William J. Shea, CEO, Direct ChassisLink, Inc.
Panel 2: Ocean Carrier Panel
- Mr. Richard J. Craig, President and CEO, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (America), Inc.
- Mr. Paolo Magnani, Executive Vice President for Quality Control and Marketing, Mediterranean Shipping Company USA
- Mr. Howard Finkel, Executive Vice President, COSCO Shipping Lines (North America), Inc.
- John Butler, Esq., President and CEO, World Shipping Council
Panel 3: Ports and Terminals Panel
- Mr. Edward DeNike, President, SSA Containers
- Mr. John E. Crowley, Jr., Executive Director, National Association of Waterfront Employers
- Mr. John Atkins, President, GCT Bayone LP
Updated 1/10/2018: Witness list corrected.