Office of the Managing Director
The Office of the Managing Director is responsible for:
- implementing the administrative directives of the Chairman,
- managing and coordinating the Commission’s Bureaus and Area Representatives, and
- planning and directing information technology and information management services.
- Bureau of Trade Analysis
- Bureau of Certification and Licensing
- Bureau of Enforcement
- Consumer Affairs & Dispute Resolution Services
The Commission maintains Area Representatives in:
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York
- South Florida
Area Representatives serve other major port cities and transportation centers within these jurisdictions.
- Represent the Commission as local contacts for the maritime industry and the shipping public,
- Collect and analyze information of regulatory significance,
- Provide monitoring and investigative functions, and
- Assess industry conditions.