Moving Season Kickoff – Protect Your Goods When Moving Overseas
This moving season, the FMC encourages consumers to protect their possessions by taking the following steps when shipping their goods overseas via ocean:
- Ensure that your mover is FMC licensed and bonded.
- Read the FMC’s Moving Brochure to obtain general information about international moving.
- Additional information is available on the FMC’s household goods webpage.
- Make sure that your mover provides you with a quote that is based upon a visual inspection of your goods.
- Ensure that you read and understand all of the terms and conditions of your moving contract.
For general information regarding industry practices please call CADRS at 866-448-9586 or 202-523-5807 for assistance.
If you encounter problems with your shipment, please contact CADRS as soon as possible.
For information and guidance on interstate moving within the United States, please visit www.protectyourmove.gov