Office of the Managing Director
The Office of the Managing Director is responsible for:
- implementing the administrative directives of the Chairman,
- the management and coordination of Commission Bureaus, and
- overseeing the agency's Area Representatives.
The Commission maintains a Area Representatives in:
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York
- South Florida
Area Representatives serve other major port cities and transportation centers within these jurisdictions.
- Represent the Commission as a local contact for the maritime industry and the shipping public,
- Collect and analyze information of regulatory significance,
- Provide monitoring and investigative functions, and
- Assess industry conditions.