Office of Agreements
The Bureau's agreement program activities consist of:
- processing carrier and marine terminal operator agreement filings under the procedures of the Shipping Act;
- conducting a comprehensive review and analysis of all pertinent facets of agreements to recommend appropriate action to the Commission on the disposition of filed agreements;
- making appropriate recommendations on requests for a waiver of Information Form and Monitoring Report filing requirements;
- maintaining the Commission's official agreement archives; and
- maintaining an agreement database that contains pertinent information on each ocean common carrier and marine terminal operator agreement filed with the Commission.